Here is a brief overview of the search process to date, as well as an update on the next steps in the process:
October 3, 2019
- The first Chancellor Search Committee kick off meeting was held.
- The executive search firm Storbeck/Pimental Associates was selected to assist in search recruitment process.
- Campus listening sessions will be held in October to solicit feedback on the desired qualifications for the next Chancellor.
September 5, 2019
- The Chair of the Search Committee has been working with Lynn Duffy, the UNC System Senior Vice President for Leadership Development and Talent Acquisition, to identify qualified executive search firms that could be retained to assist the Search Committee. The Chair will work with UNC System Office HR and Interim President Roper to coordinate the selection and contracting of the search firm prior to the first search committee meeting.
- At the invitation of Faculty Council President Joel Avrin, the Chair of the Search Committee attended a meeting of the Faculty Executive Committee (“FEC”) on September 5, 2019, and discussed the chancellor search process and received feedback from the FEC.
August 29, 2019
- A website for the search process was created so that members of the campus community and the public can track progress with the search and communicate and provide feedback to the Search Committee if they are unable to attend the forums that we will host this fall on campus and in the community.
- In consultation with Interim President of the UNC System Dr. William Roper, the Search Committee was formed and a press release was sent to the UNC Charlotte community and the public.
August 15, 2019
- At the invitation of Chancellor Dubois, the Chair of the Search Committee attended University Convocation, and participated in a question and answer session with faculty and those in attendance concerning the chancellor search process.
August 14, 2019
- The UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees met to discuss the chancellor search process.
July 30, 2019
- Chancellor Phil Dubois announced his retirement.